Abdulhakim AbdiProject Assistant, Degree of Doctor, Postdoctoral Researcher, PhD, Master of Science, Master of Science, Bachelor of Science
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Remote Sensing
- Physical Geography
- Environmental Sciences related to Agriculture and Land-use
- Geosciences, Multidisciplinary
- Climate Research
- Human Geography
• Postdoctoral Researcher: Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund University, Sweden. 01/2018 - Present.
• Parental Leave (100%): June 26th, 2017 – January 8th, 2018.
• Visiting Scholar: Department of Earth and Environment, Boston University, Boston, MA, USA. 08/2015 – 12/2015. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Ranga Myneni.
• Geographic Information Specialist: Polar Geophysics Group, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University, New York, NY. 08/2010 – 10/2012. Supervisor: Dr. Robin E. Bell.
• Visiting Researcher: GIS/Remote Sensing Lab, Conservation Biology Institute, Smithsonian Institution, Front Royal, VA. 04/2010 – 08/2010. Supervisor: Dr. Peter Leimgruber.
• Project Geoscientist: Energy, Environment and Infrastructure Unit, Science Applications International Corporation, Hackensack, NJ, USA. 05/2007 – 08/2008. Supervisor: Mark Hasting.
• Geotechnician: Energy, Environment and Infrastructure Unit, Science Applications International Corporation, Hackensack, NJ, USA. 04/2005 – 05/2007. Supervisor: Jillian M. Loughlin.
• Introduction to R Programming – Spatial Statistics - (Spring 2015, Spring 2016, Spring 2017)
• Introduction to GIS – Urban and Rural Systems and Sustainability - (Spring 2015, Spring 2016)
• Advanced Geographic Information Systems (Online) - (Fall 2014)
• GIS in Physical Planning (Online) - (Fall 2014)
• Introduction to Species Distribution Modeling - (Summer 2010)
- Deborah Bowyer (2015). Measuring Urban Growth, Urban Form and Accessibility as Indicators of Urban Sprawl in Hamilton, New Zealand. Master of Science in Geographical Information Sciences. Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund University.
- Stefanos Georganos (2016). Exploring the spatial relationship between NDVI and rainfall in the semi-arid Sahel using geographically weighted regression. Master of Science in Geomatics. Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund University.
- Abdalla Eltayeb (2016). Mapping woody canopy cover in the semi-arid Sahel: an approach using satellite remote sensing and Google Earth imagery. Master of Science in Geomatics. Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund University.
- The Conversation 04 October 2017: Somalia conflict and famine: the causes are bad governance, not climate change.
- The Conversation 08 June 2017: Chad is the country most vulnerable to climate change – here’s why.
- The Guardian 22 Oct 2014: ‘Population growth far outpaces food supply’ in conflict-ravaged Sahel.
- Thomson Reuters 20 Oct 2014: Population growth far outpaces food supply in conflict-ravaged Sahel - study.
- Climate News Network 20 Oct 2014: Climate renews famine risk to Africa’s Sahel.
- Lund University Press Release 16 Oct 2014: Shrinking resource margins in Sahel region of Africa.
- Article video abstract: The supply and demand of net primary production in the Sahel.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Contribution to specialist publication or newspaper › Specialist publication article