Chuansi GaoSenior Lecturer, Degree of Doctor, Associate professor, Reader (Associate Professor), PhD
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Production Engineering, Human Work Science and Ergonomics
- Environmental Health and Occupational Health
- Sport and Fitness Sciences
I work on two parallel research tracks:
- Human thermal environments: heat and cold stress, thermal comfort, thermophysiology and health, environmental ergonomics, personal protection and protective clothing through physiological and thermal manikin studies, specifically studies on the effects of thermal climate factors on health, comfort and performance, and on the development of personal cooling strategies to alleviate heat stress.
- Slip and fall accidents and injuries, gait biomechanics, balance and slip resistance of human movement.
Recent research Projects
- 2016-2020: participant, EU Horizon 2020 project – Research and Innovation Framework Programme (H2020-PHC-2015) “Integrated inter-sector framework to increase the thermal resilience of European workers in the context of global warming (HEAT-SHIELD)”, financed by the European Union under grant agreement No 668786.
- 2016-2020: participant, “Sustainable indoor environment in multi-family housing after renovation - a holistic approach to building performance, energy, indoor environment quality, and residents´ behavior and well-being”, financed by the Swedish Research Council Formas, Dnr.942-2016-79
- 2016-2020: participant, "The interaction of energy system, indoor environment and tenants - holistic approach to improve energy efficiency in the renovation of multi-family buildings", funded by Swedish Energy Agency, Project No.43092-1
- 2016: Principal investigator, “Sportswear, thermo-physiology and thermal comfort”, financed by Taiwan Textile Research Institute.
- 2014-2015: participant in two multidisciplinary cooperation projects at Pufendorf Institute, Lund University: 1) HEAT, 2) Healthy Indoor Environments
- 2012: Principal investigator, “Validation of ASTM standard F2732 and comparison with ISO 11079 with respect to comfort temperature ratings for cold weather protective clothing”, the 3rd project in collaboration with Taiwan Textile Research Institute.
- 2010-2013: Principal investigator, “Slip and fall accidents, friction requirements, and balance ability”, financed by AFA Insurance, Sweden
- 2009-2010: Main participant, “Personal cooling with smart textiles (phase change materials, PCMs)”, financed by VINNOVA research and growth programme in collaboration with TST-Sweden AB.
For a number of years I participated in teaching the following three elective courses:
1. Human in extreme environments (TFRC70, 7.5 hp),
2. Work and exercise physiology (TFRA10, 7.5 hp),
3. Human and indoor environments (TFRC05, 7.5 hp).
Since 2008 I have participated in teaching the following four programme courses and in supervising Master and PhD students.
1. Human performance in extreme environments (IDRN09, MAMF35),
2. Medical and technical aspects of sport and physical performance (IDRN05),
3. Work environment, safety and health (Arbete-Människa-Teknik, MAM070),
4. Biomechanics (FHLF05, since 2014)
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Paper in conference proceeding