Craig MitchellResearch Administrator, Doctoral student, Lecturer, Sten K. Johnson Centre for Entrepreneurship
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Business Administration
- Immigrant Entrepreneurship, Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship, Invandring och Företagande, Entrepreneurial Marketing
I am a PhD student and Lecturer in entrepreneurship at the Sten K. Johnson Centre for Entrepreneurship, Lund University.
My main research interest lies in the field of Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship, Immigrant Entrepreneurship and recently Entrepreneurship among newly arrived Refugees.
I have a special interest in:
- Understanding the relationship between the contexts in which entrepreneurship is enacted and how the entrepreneur interacts in with these various contexts.
- Understanding firm growth in firms owned by immigrants and ethnic minority entrepreneurs
- Understanding the entrepreneurial intentions and subsequent action of newly arrived refugees in Sweden.
- Understanding how ethnicity can be commodified, manipulated and sold.
My main teaching activities are on the Masters programme in New Venture Creation, where I teach the Courses Entrepreneurial Marketing and the Entrepreneurial Project course.
I often teach on commissioned education courses together with LUCE (Lund University Commissioned Education)
I have a special interest in e-learning and blended learning, I am currently coordinating the development of an online course in Entrepreneurship – New Venture Creation
Recently, I have become engaged in teaching on a open evening course for newly arrived refugees.
ENTRIM – Together with my colleague Solomon Abebe we are engaged in a research project which seeks to understand the entrepreneurial intentions and actions of newly arrived refugees. As part of that research project we run an open evening course for newly arrived refugees, who are interested in entrepreneurship. We completed our first 12 week course in 2017 and will run 4 more beginning in 2018.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Book chapter
Research output: Book/Report › Anthology (editor)