Eva BrodinSenior Lecturer, Reader, MSSc, PhD
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Educational Sciences
- Social Sciences Interdisciplinary
The key areas of my research are scholarly development and doctoral education. I am also interested in issues on higher education in general from a critical perspective. I integrate educational, philosophical and psychological theories while focusing on the following subjects:
- Learning in doctoral education
- Critical thinking in scholarship
- Creativity in scholarship
- Academic identity development
- Discourses on higher education
Ongoing research projects (besides my supervision of doctoral thesis projects)
- Images of educational practice and its educators in academia: Their history and power in Sweden since 1946. Collaboration between researchers at the Division for Higher Education Development, Lund University. PI: Eva Brodin. Period: 2018-2021.
- Excellent doctoral learning in Sweden and South Africa. Collaboration between Lund University, Linnaeus University, Rhodes University, and Stellenbosch University. PI: Eva Brodin. Period: 2017-2022.
- I-PROTECT: Implementing injury Prevention exercise ROutines in TEams and Clubs in youth Team handball. Collaboration between Lund University (Dept. of Health Sciences, Dept. of Psychology, Dept. of Educational Sciences/Division for Higher Education Development), Linköping University, and La Trobe University. PI: Eva Ageberg, Dept. of Health Sciences, Lund University. Period: 2016-2020.
- Scholarly development in interdisciplinary graduate schools. Internal collaboration between the Division for Higher Education Development and Centre for Middle Eastern Studies at Lund University. PI: Eva Brodin. Period: 2012-2018.
Finished research projects
- The role of doctoral education in early career development. Collaboration between Lund University, University of Gothenburg, Rhodes University, and Stellenbosch University. Funding: SANORD (Southern African-Nordic Centre). PI: Liezel Frick, Stellenbosch University. Period: 2014-2016.
- The relationship between critical and creative thinking in doctoral education. Post doc project, Linnaeus University. PI: Eva Brodin. Period: 2009-2011.
- Mentorship in doctoral education. Internal collaboration between Lärande Lund, Dept. of Psychology, and Dept. of Immunotechnology at Lund University. PI: Eva Brodin. Funding: Lärande Lund, Lund University. Period: 2008-2009.
- Critical thinking in scholarship. Doctoral thesis project, Lund University. PI: Eva Brodin. Supervisors: Lennart Svensson & Åsa Lindberg-Sand. Period: 2002-2007.
Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence for the scholarly article: Brodin, E.M. & Frick, B.L. (2011). Conceptualizing and Encouraging Critical Creativity in Doctoral Education. International Journal for Researcher Development, 2(2), 133-151.
- Coordinator for FonSyd (Forskarutbildningsnätverket Syd) [Swedish Network for Doctoral Education]
- Member of EARLI (European Association for Research on Learning and Instruction)
- Member of IDERN (International Doctoral Education Research Network)
- Member of NFU (Nätverket för forskarhandledarutbildare) [Network for Research Supervision Educators]
- Member of Swednet (Nätverk för pedagogisk utveckling i högre utbildning) [Network for educational development in higher education]
External research affiliation
Besides my work at Lund University, I am also a research associate with conditional tenure at the Centre for Higher and Adult Education at Stellenbosch University in South Africa.
I have experience of teaching adults at all levels, ranging from individuals with acquired brain damage at Furuboda Folk High School to university students and teachers in higher education. Currently, I am a senior lecturer at:
Department of Educational Sciences, Division for Higher Education Development (AHU), Lund University (teaching subjects: Doctoral students' learning, Research supervision)
In 2011-2017, I was also teaching in the subjects of theory of science and qualitative research methods at the Department of Psychology, Lund University. Furthermore, I have extensive experience of supervising theses at Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral levels in varying knowledge areas.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Book chapter
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article