Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Bioinformatics (Computational Biology)
- Cancer and Oncology
- Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
My research focuses on machine learning and applications within
medicine and biology. I use in particular neural networks, both
shallow and deep models. Current applications include:
- Biomarker discovery, using proteomic data, for various cancer diseases, with a special focus on early detection.
- Survival analysis in cardiac transplantation and how to optimize the match between donors and recipients.
- Decision support for medical images e.g. whole body bone scintigraphy for prostate cancer patients.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article