- Legal Cultures and Comparative Law
- Legal Profession and Legal Education
- Socio-Legal Theory and Method
Reza Banakar’s research and publications are in the areas of law and social theory, socio-legal methodology, legal cultures, ethnic discrimination, public ombudsmen, law and literature, and rights. His current projects include:
1. A Legal Education for 21st Century Scandinavia:This project explores the impending challenges to law and the legal profession in Scandinavia, and asks which type of legal education can best prepare lawyers to meet these challenges?
2. Law, Governance and Community: This project explores the role of law in the governance of late modern communities. The point of departure for this project is the London Riots in August 2011.
3. Law and Culture in Modern Iran: Funded by Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) in the UK. Further interviews and a conference are planned as part of this project. More information.
4. Normativity in Legal Sociology: A book project on the methodological limits of socio-legal analysis
Recent research outputs
Research output: Book/Report › Book