Staffan LindbergProfessor emeritus
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Sociology (excluding Social Work, Social Psychology and Social Anthropology)
- Rural social transformation in India
- Social movements and politics in India
Current research and teaching:
- Caste and class in South India in an historical perspective
- Sustainable urban development in Malmö
My research is about social change in rural India with a special focus on how social stratification (caste and class) is changing during the last 50 years. I also focus on how farmers organise and are organised in the period after the Green Revolution and with increasing commercialisation of agriculture.
In Sweden, I am engaged in a study of social development in the city of Malmö with a focus on class- and ethnical differences, living standards, culture and social cohesion. As part of this I conduct study circles at ABF, the Workers Study Association, Malmö.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Book chapter
Research output: Contribution to conference › Paper, not in proceeding