Tove HarnettSenior LecturerFormer name: Tove Persson
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Social Work
- Gerontology, specializing in Medical and Health Sciences
I finished my PhD in 2010 and my dissertaton was The Trivial Matters. Everyday power in Swedish eldercare. My research is characterized by an interest in power relations in seemingly everyday situations. I find it fascinating to dive into the empirical material and by using theoretical concepts gain new understanding. By studying specific situations an abstract phenomenon such as power becomes possible to investigate empirically.
My research is also characterized by a methodological breadth and my scientific publications are based on qualitative interviews, conversations, and field observations, and standardized telephone interviews. My overall research interests are:
- Social policy aspects of elderly care
- Power and influence
- Social work with a focus on the elderly
- Quality management in health care
- Scientific perspectives on evaluation and the role of evaluation in the community.
I teach mainly on the second and sixth semester of the BsC Social Work programme. On the second semester, I work with reflection groups in the course Social Science and Social Work. The course aims to provide students with basic knowledge of social science perspectives and theories. I am also a tutor on the essay course. I have also taught in qualitative methods and evaluation methodology at Jönköping University.
- A member of the research network "welfare for living conditions", led by Professor Emerita Rosmari Eliasson-Lappalainen, Lund University
- Member of the research network KIVOS, "Communication in health care and social work" which consists of Swedish and Norwegian scholars from different research fields, but with a common interest in communication in health care and social work.
- Member of SVUF, The Swedish Evaluation Association.
- Member of SGS, The Swedish Serontological Society
- Member of the the National Network for Geriatrics Research in the Social Sciences.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Book chapter