Past teaching experience at the University of Copenhagen and elsewhere:
- Lecturer (and course co-organizer): Collectivity and Responsibility, National graduate course in philosophy, Spring 2018.
- Lecturer (and course organizer): Cognition and Communication (for Cognitive Science Master students), Lund University, Spring 2018.
Five two-hour lectures/seminars on: ‘Individual cognition/cognitivism’, ‘Embodied, embedded, distributed’, ‘Social constructivism’, ‘Interactionalism’, ‘Joint action’.
- Lecturer: Philosophy from 1900 (for first-year theoretical philosophy students), Lund University, Spring 2018.
One two-hour seminar and seven two-hour lectures on: ‘Husserl’s Logical Investigations’, ’Husserl’s Ideas’, ’Heidegger and phenomenology’, ’de Beauvoir’, ’Gadamer’, ’Derrida’ and ’Davidson’.
- Lecturer (and course organizer): Social Cognition, University of Copenhagen, Autumn 2016.
Fourteen three-hour classes on: ‘Introduction: Communication, Cooperation and Mindreading’, ‘Meaning and Communicative Intentions’, ‘Common Knowledge’, ‘Joint Intentional Activity’, ‘Implicature’, ‘Understanding in Communication’, ‘Turn-Taking in Conversation’, ‘Deflationary Views: Egocentrism and Automatic Alignment’, ‘Intentional Communication and Cognitive Sophistication’, ‘Essay Writing’, ‘Intentions in the Study of Conversation’, ‘Conversations Across Cultures’, ‘Game Theory, Coordination and Politeness’, and ‘Mindreading and Interaction’.
- Lecturer: Self, Agency and Will, University of Edinburgh, Autumn 2011. Four two-hour lectures given on ‘Illusion of Conscious Will’, ‘Phenomenology of Agency’, ‘Shared Intention and Joint Action’, and ‘Sense of Joint Agency’.
- Tutor: Logic, University of Edinburgh, Spring 2010, 3 h/week. Topics covered: Propositional logic and predicate logic (through exercises and discussions of solutions, typically using the semantic tableaux method).
- Tutor: Mind, Matter & Language, University of Edinburgh, Autumn 2009, 3 h/week. Topics covered: Dualism, Behaviourism, Identity theory, Functionalism, Instrumentalism, The Knowledge Argument, Zombies, Embodied Consciousness, Sense and Reference, Rigid Designators.
- Tutor: Philosophy of Science, University of Edinburgh, Spring 2009, 2 h/week. Topics covered: Logical positivism, The problem of induction, Falsificationism, Quine’s “Two Dogmas of Empiricism”, Scientific revolutions and theory change, Theory-ladenness of observation, The Strong Programme.
- Tutor: Technology and Ethics, Linköping University, Sweden, Autumn 2003. I tutored several groups, amounting to a total work time of 14 hours. Topics covered: Critical thinking and argumentation analysis (using case studies related to environmental ethics and bioethics).
- Co-organiser of a workshop on pathologies of improvisation, Lund, June 11-12, 2018.
- Co-organiser of a workshop on Collectivity and Responsibility, Lund, April 20-21.
- Part of the organising committee of ENSO V: The fifth conference of the European Network on Social Ontology, Lund, Aug. 30 – Sept. 1, 2017.
- Co-organiser of a workshop on Improvisation in the Arts, Center for Subjectivity Research, University of Copenhagen, June 12-13, 2017.
- Organiser of a workshop on Shared and Temporally Extended Agency, Center for Subjectivity Research, University of Copenhagen, April 28-29, 2017.
- Member of the Nomination Committee for the International Social Ontology Society (ISOS).
- Chair for APA Central Division Meeting Symposium with Kendy Hess (speaker) and Robert Rupert (commentator), Chicago, March 3, 2016.
- Co-organiser of the workshop ‘Social Complexes 2: Perspectives from Metaphysics, Ethics and the Philosophy of Action’, Gothenburg, June 8-10, 2015.
- Co-organiser of a workshop on ‘Reciprocity and Social Cognition’, to be held at the Berlin School of Mind and Brain, March 23-25, 2015. See http://www.mind-and-brain.de/postdoctoral-program/scientific-events/reciprocity-and-social-cognition/
- On the program committee for ‘Joint Action Framing’ workshop at the IEEE RO-MAN 2014: The 23rd IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication, Edinburgh, Aug. 25-29, 2014. See http://fja2014.sciencesconf.org/.
- Referee work for the following journals: Phenomenology and the Cognitive Sciences, Philosophical Psychology, New Ideas in Psychology, Review of Philosophy and Psychology, Journal of Social Ontology, Topoi, Consciousness and Cognition, Synthese, Sociological Theory, International Journal of Social Robotics, Journal of Philosophy, Philosophical Explorations, Journal for the Theory of Social Behaviour, The Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, The Southern Journal of Philosophy, Canadian Journal of Philosophy, and SATS – Northern European Journal of Philosophy.
- Referee work for conferences: Southern Society for Philosophy and Psychology and European Network for Social Ontology.
- Referee work for research councils: Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (FWO) and National Science Center Poland (NCN).
- PhD representative in the Staff-Student Postgraduate Consultative Committee at the Department of Philosophy, University of Edinburgh, 2009–2010.
- Co-organiser of annual two-day conference on Cognitive Science and Information Technology (KVIT), Linköping, Sweden, in 2000, 2001 and 2003. I was main head of the ten-headed organising committee in 2001.
RECENT NON-ACADEMIC WORK HISTORY
- Technical and Marketing Writer, Thermo-Calc Software, Stockholm, March 2014–January 2015.
- Technical writer (consultant), Wordsmyth, Stockholm, Aug. 2013–March 2014.
- Feature article writer for EUSci Magazine, Edinburgh University’s science magazine, 2009.
- Reporter and editor at the communication consultancy JG Communication, Stockholm, April 2007–Sept. 2008.
- Freelance writer (reporting for Swedish technology-oriented magazines, and technical writing for the software company Bea Systems), Jan. 2007–Sept. 2008.
- Technical writer, Orc Software, Stockholm, March 2005–Jan. 2006.
- Research assistant (doing a validation study of a new eye-tracking system), Volvo Technological Development, Gothenburg, Summer of 2001.
Philosophy of action; collective intentionality; social cognition; social ontology
Forskningsoutput: Tidskriftsbidrag › Recension av bok/film/utställning etc.
Forskningsoutput: Tidskriftsbidrag › Artikel i vetenskaplig tidskrift