Ramin Massoumi is Research Group Leader for this research group
The main objective of our research is to understand landscape of post-translational modifications (PTM) in different types of human diseases including chronic inflammation and cancer. This is analyzed by functional characterization of enzymes involved in PTM and their related substrate in a tissue/cell specific manner. On this basis, the following key in vivo model systems are applied to meeting the above objectives:
(1) Generating transgenic animals to define specific gene function.
(2) Studying the function of the specific gene during progression of cancer which is followed after tumor induction in a specific organ in the animal.
(3) Studying tissue samples from patients with cancer and correlating to the gene function and signaling pathway in animal.
(4) Treatment of animals and the human tissue platforms with different drugs as suggested treatment methods in human cancer patients.
- Cancer therapy
- transgenic animals
- post-translational modification