Projects per year
1. Vibrational (micro)spectroscopy techniques provide possibility to address this need by studying structural properties and responses of sample systems
2. The existing Vibrational (micro)spectroscopy labs within Mbio Microscopy Facility, Lund University have been equipped through funds granted to Centre of Environmental and Climate Science (CEC) and have recently been complemented with several new instruments, including a super-resolution infrared imaging microscope. It is important that researchers within BECC know and take advantage of the potential provided by the (micro)spectroscopy techniques
and that the obtained results are integrated to constitute a bigger picture of the importance and relationship between various biogeochemical processes within terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems.
Therefore, the aim of the AG is
(1) to identify common knowledge-gaps within microscale biogeochemistry, and the best approaches to tackle them by bringing together a network of researchers of different expertise. The AG will further
(2) provide introduction and training on the use of the novel vibrational (micro)spectroscopy techniques and related data analysis approaches.
This, added to the toolbox of other analytical methods conventionally used within the fields, will ensure that more comprehensive results are obtained. The routines and protocols created in the course of AG activities will also create a base and serve a broad user community within and outside BECC. Ultimately, the AG will initiate a vibrational spectroscopy hub with research focused on (but not limited to) biogeochemistry and carbon cycle. Its aim is to connect people with common methodological and research interests. We expect that the knowledge generated during continuous communication between AG researchers, on common research questions and using similar methods, in the long term, will provide insight on the importance of various biogeochemical processes and point to the need for them to be implemented in ecosystem models.
|Effective start/end date
|2021/01/01 → 2021/12/31
- 1 Organisation of workshop/ seminar/ course
Milda Pucetaite (Organiser), Edith Hammer (Organiser), Per Persson (Organiser), Michiel Op de Beeck (Contributor), Viktoriia Meklesh (Contributor), Dimitrios Floudas (Contributor), Margarida Soares (Contributor), Rebecca Pickering (Contributor), Franziska Stamm (Contributor), Stanislav Jelavic (Contributor), Lisa Vaccari (Invited speaker) & Ferenc Borondics (Invited speaker)2021 Mar 12
Activity: Participating in or organising an event › Organisation of workshop/ seminar/ course