Adeno-associated vector (AAV) plattform
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Medical and Health Sciences
Type of infrastructure
DescriptionThe Adeno-Associated Vector (AAV) platform offers development, design and production of AAV vectors. The vectors are used in the production of disease models, experimental gene therapy and basic experimental research of brain functions. The lab consists of molecular tools that can be used for genetic modification of neurons. Personnell provide key expertise in this area as well as the general production facility.
Equipment and resourcesThe technical platform includes a general molecular laboratory and a class2 cellular laboratory at A11 BMC Lund.
Services provided• AAV based vector production
• Production of custom vectors designed according to the requests of the researcher
• Provision of ready-made reporter gene vectors and other vectors from our large inventory
• Consultation and advice in the design of custom vectors and in vector serotype selection
• Design, cloning and production of plasmid DNA for the production of custom vectors
• Robust quality control including full sequence analysis of source materials and titration of vectors
• A wide variety of AAV serotypes including AAV 2, 5, 6, 8, 9 and more
Management of the infrastructureThe platform is managed by Johan Jakobsson
Available for loanAvailable for loan - internal and external
Terms of access:
Contact Jenny Johansson or Johan Jakobsson if interested in using the AAV platform.