Microscopy Community Lund University
Research areas and keywords
Type of infrastructure
Degree of recognition
- microscopy, imaging, image processing, image analysis, MAX IV, ESS, data storage, data handling, synchrotron radiation, neutrons, correlative imaging, correlative microscopy, electron microscopy, light microscopy, atomic force microscopy, photo acoustic microscopy
DescriptionThe Microscopy Community at Lund University (MiCLU) is promoting imaging, including correlative 3D imaging with microscopy and microscopic analysis at Lund University. The main role of MiCLU is to provide planning for good access at Lund University to advanced equipment and methods in microscopy and microscopic analysis.
MiCLU has the following tasks:
1. To be an advisory body to the Vice Chancellor and Faculty Deans at Lund University
2. To co-ordinate existing infrastructure, aiming at efficient use and maximal availability
3. To monitor, on a yearly basis, the current needs, and suggest actions for maintaining state-of-the-art facilities
4. To follow the technological development and plan for emerging and future infrastructure needs
5. To co-ordinate initiatives for applications to external funding bodies
6. To when needed act as a Lund University node for national infrastructure
7. To work for coordination and synergism between imaging resources at LU, MAX IV and ESS as well as other regional and national infrastructures
Equipment and resourcesMicLU has a director position at the faculty of Medicine, a web page for dissemination of information to both internal and external viewers and a listing of microscopy resources at Lund University.
Digital and physical collectionsHomepage with calendar/events section and a listing of microscopy resources at Lund University.
Services providedGuidance in the Life Science infrastructure ecosystem at LU. Contact points for discussion about needs for competence development and infrastructure at LU. Surveys and written material on infrastructure resources and needs at LU. Coordination and help with applications regarding Life Science infrastructure at LU. Arrangement of workshops, seminars and similar on Life Science topics with focus on infrastructures and competence development. Facilitator of interactions between the Life Science community with MAX IV, ESS and other large scale facilities.
Management of the infrastructureA steering group with representatives from the faculties of engineering, science and medicine. Director from the faculty of medicine.
Available for loanAvailable for loan - internal and external
Terms of access:
Contact MicLU by phone or email, or meet us at seminars and workshops.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Book chapter