Unit for Rapid Engineered Antibody Development
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Engineering and Technology
Type of infrastructure
Name of national/international infrastructure this infrastructure belongs toPart of SciLifeLab’s Human Antibody Therapeutics National Facility within SciLifeLab’s Drug Discovery and Development Platform. Part of EATRIS, the European Infrastructure for Translational Medicine.
DescriptionLaboratory offers development of human antibody fragments for defined targets from large combinatorial antibody libraries using phage display technology. Small scale production of antibody fragments will be performed. Such development may proceed through two pipelines, one represented by SciLifeLab’s Drug Discovery and Development Platform and one represented by the local antibody development unit. In the case of therapeutic antibody development it is adviced to apply for a project through the SciLifeLab Drug Discovery and Development Platform's pipeline. Other projects are usually better handled through the local facility.
Instrumentation for analysis of molecular interaction parameters using surface plasmon resonance technology is provided. The technology may be used for essentially any type of molecular interaction even those beyond antibody-antigen interactions.
Instrumentation for analysis of cells and particles by multiparameter flow cytometry is available. This system is ideal for screening purposes, for instance of antibodies or a diversity of other compounds. It can also be using for multiplexed immunochemical analysis.
Equipment and resourcesEquipment and molecular libraries for selection and screening of antibodies by use of phage display technology in the local facility.
• MW16 phage display library
• Vectors for production of antibody fragments in E. coli
• Hamilton robot
• KingFisher robot
• Instrumentation for small-scale production of antibody fragments in E. coli
• Instrumentation for immunochemical screening of antibody fragments
SciLifeLab Drug Discovery and Development Platform has multiple additional capabilities and resources for projects that are accepted into their portfolio.
MASS-16 instrumentat (Sierra Sensors) for high throughput analysis of molecular interactions using label-free surface plasmon resonance technology.
iQue Plus (Intellicyte) multicolor flow cytometer for high throughput, high content analysis of cells in suspension. Samples to be provided in 96 and 384 well plates. The instrumentation may be used with small volumes and low number of cells (no dead volume in assay). Instrument may also be used for high throughput, high content immunochemical bead-based analysis. Bead and cellular assays may also be combined for high throughput and conservation of rare cell samples.
Digital and physical collectionsHuman antibody fragment library MW16 for use in phage display selection of specific antibodies using phage display technology.
Services provided• Development of antibody fragments.
• Characterization of molecular interactions properties, in particular reaction rate kinetics and affinity constants using real-time, no-label detection by use of surface plasmon resonance technology.
• High throughput flow cytometry-based analysis (iQue Plus technology) for multiparameter analysis of cells. Application may relate to antibody binding tests but extend far beyond that application.
Management of the infrastructureInfrastructure headed by Mats Ohlin in collaboration with the Department’s steering group. Projects assigned to SciLifeLab Drug Dicovery and Development Platform are managed by that platform itself (https://www.scilifelab.se/platforms/ddd).
Available for loanAvailable for loan - internal and external
Terms of access:
• Access to antibody development facility is based on availability of resources and prioritization within the facility. The user is expected to pay for consumables and reagents.
• Access to iQue and MASS-1 requires training or can be performed by the facility but the user will be expected to pay for reagents, consumables and to cover salary.