The Educational Technology Group
Organisational unit: Research group
The Educational Technology Group consists of senior researchers and PhD and master students from Lund and Linköping Universities. The group develops next generation educational software with two purposes - to serve as: (1) research instruments to explore learning processes, and (2) a novel generation of digital support for young learners.
The R&D carried out by the Educational technology group has two goals. We develop and use smart technology in order to EXPLORE and SUPPORT Learning and Education.
A few of the questions that we explore:
- When can a child learn for herself by teaching someone else and how does this relate to the development of a capability to solve false belief tasks, understand that there are different perspectives etc?
- Is it possible to support the development of number sense in young children by a play-&-learn-game where they teach a digital "friend"?
- How do different students behave when they do not make progress in their learning process and how do they make meaning of these situations and their own behaviour in these?
- Can thinking strategies in situations of non-progress be influenced by different pedagogical approaches?
- Will there be differences in the learning of history for two groups of 10-11 year olds that both teach a digital tutee (TA), but one group having a regular TA and the other a "challenger" TA?
- How important is the precise timing between speech and gesture for an addressee’s ability to understand what is communicated? How important is it for children with communicative disabilities?
Much of our work takes place at schools and pre-schools in collaboration with students and teachers. An important goal is to show what a novel generation educational software can offer and contribute to a higher standard for educational software.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract
Research output: Thesis › Doctoral Thesis (compilation)