Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Social Work
- CASE - Centre for Ageing and Supportive Environments
My research concerns social problems, politically informed images of aging and identity formation among seniors. In my dissertation (2001) I studied the development and claims-making activities of Sweden’s two largest pensioners’ organisations. Later I have studied crime, fear and abuse and nursing home scandals as social problems for elderly people, as well as nursing home abuse & neglect as social problems. In reseent years, I have devoted attention to differences in policiesn and practices between the two fields of disability services and elder care, and to the way chronological age is used as a basis for granting or denying people different type of help. Currently I am heading a project on care facilities for older persons with long-term substance user problems.
My teaching at the School of Social Work deals with research methods, and with different aspects of ageing and eldercare.
- Heading the Southern group for social science research on ageing and eldercare
- Heading the National network for social science research on ageing and eldercare
- Member of the research network ”Transformations of care”, headed by Professor Marta Szebehely, Stockholm University.
- Member of the research “Network for studies in criminology, deviance and social problems”, headed by Malin Åkerström, Lund University.
- Member of the editorial board of Journal of Aging Studies (JAS) since 2004.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Book/Report › Report
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article