In my research I try to understand molecular process in plants related to design of plant architecture, time to flowering, chlorophyll biosynthesis and wax biosynthesis. I very often use historic barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) mutants which were isolated more than 50 years ago and analyze them with modern molecular techniques and biochemical methods. My projects address fundamental scientific questions but is also of applied interest for plant breeding.
I collaborate with researchers in more than 20 countries as well as plant breeders at Nordic Seed. My research is currently supported by VR (The Swedish Research Council), FORMAS (The Swedish Research Council for Environment, Agricultural Sciences and Spatial Planning), The Erik Philip-Sörensen Foundation, The Royal Physiographic Society in Lund, BECC (Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in a Changing Climate), and Lund University.
Presently I teach at the courses BioR31 Molecular Biotechnology, BIOR76 Plant Function, BIOB01 Botany, EXTA70 The Biology of the Cell, BIOA11 Genetic and Evolution, and MOBA02 Biochemistry.
- 2015-Present: Professor in Plant Molecular Biology, Department of Biology, Lund University.
- 2014 Guest Professor, Copenhagen Plant Science Center, Denmark.
- 2008-2014 Professor in Plant Physiology, Carlsberg Laboratory, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 2007-2008: Professor in Biochemistry, Department of Biochemistry, Lund University.
- 2003-2008: Research scientist in Enzymology employed by the Swedish Research Council. Located at the Department of Biochemistry, Lund University.
- 2005-2006: Guest reseacher at Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, UCLA, Los Angeles, USA (host Prof. Sabeeha Merchant).
- 2001: Guest researcher at Department of Biological Science, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia (host Prof. Robert Willows).
- 1999: Docent in Biochemistry, Department of Biochemistry, Lund University.
- 1997-2003: Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Lund University.
- 1995-1997: Postdoc at Department of Physiology, Carlsberg Laboratory, Copenhagen, Denmark (host Prof. Diter von Wettstein).
- 1990-1994: PhD student at Department of Microbiology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden (supervisor Prof. Lars Hederstedt).
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to journal › Debate/Note/Editorial
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article