Nicholas Martin Fordaffiliated with the university, Doctoral student, MSc Economics, BA/BCommKnown as name: Nick Ford
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Economic History
- Economic History, Macroeconomics, Economic Growth, Productivity, Human Capital
I’m a doctoral student working with Scandinavian economic history. I started my studies at Lund University in 2020 after completing a master's degree in economics at the University of Southern Denmark. My research interests include:
- long-term economic growth and development
- productivity and its origins
- human capital (for example, skills and education)
- social mobility and inequality.
I’m attached to a research project on human capital acquisition across Denmark, Norway and Sweden during the period 1880-1920. The project uses individual-level records to track the background, education and work experience of students to better understand changes in employers’ demands for worker skills during a period of significant economic development.