Oskar JonssonAssociate Researcher, PhD
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Production Engineering, Human Work Science and Ergonomics
- Health Sciences
- Gerontology, specializing in Medical and Health Sciences
- CASE - Centre for Ageing and Supportive Environments
I am currently engaged in:
- UserAge, a six-year programme on user participation in research on ageing and health (2017-2022). UserAge is a four node endeavour with international collaboration coordinated by Centre for Ageing and Supportive Environments (CASE).
- Decition support system for improved accessibility is a 3-year research project (2018-2020) where we develope, test and evaluate an innovative system for inventory and support decision-making for improved accessibility in multi-family housing.
As postdoctor (2014-2016) at CASE, my research focused on usability testing of an app designed to help older individuals to find housing solutions with the best possible accessibility. I was responsible for a cross-national usability study that were carried out in Sweden and Latvia. The app is intended to be used by older people to detect, assess, and provide information on barriers and accessibility issues in their housing environments. The research was carried out within the framework of the EU funded research project INNOVAGE with focus on social innovations which support active and healthy ageing. I am currently working with writing papers for scientific journals and initiating research project related to the INNOVAGE project. My background includes user-centered design, qualitative research interviews and observational studies in the fields of product experience and aging and design. I have also taught in furniture culture, furniture design and knowledge production at Carl Malmsten Furniture Studies, Linköping University.
Jonsson, O. (2013). Furniture for later life: Design based on older people’s experiences of furniture in three housing forms (Doctoral dissertation). Lund University, Sweden: http://www.lu.se/lup/publication/4146752
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract
Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceeding › Paper in conference proceeding