Rafah BarhoumLanguage Teaching Expert, Researcher and Language training expert
I am involved with RAPP project Lund-AUB-AIHR progress on Annotated Bibliography/Translation project.
- Human rights in the Arab World, led by Mark LeVine, as part of the Research and Public Policy-making in the Arab World Programme in collaboration with the Issam Fares Institute at the American University of Beirut and the Arab Institute for Human Rights, Tunis.
- Livelihoods for Syrian refugees in Egypt, Lebanon & Turkey with Helen Avery.
- Women’s short stories in Egypt after 2011, with Mohammed Al-Mahfali and Helen Avery.
- Articulations of identity and language of Syrian Alawites in Europe, as part of the CMES project Between revival and a vision for the future: Syrian Alawi identities in flux, with Leif Stenberg, Spyros Sofos, and Fanny Christou.
- Last presentation was at Fifth Finnish Colloquium of Middle East and North African Studie in Joensuu, Finland, 29-31 May 2017
And in the Italian Society for Middle Eastern Studies conference in Catania, Sicily, Italia SeSaMO conference, March 17-19- 2016.
The Alawite Identity: Articulations of Identity, Religion and Language with Leif Stenberg.
- Sustainable camps, training and capacity building in refugee camps (Lebanon) with Helen Avery.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract