Sune Bechmann PedersenReader, Researcher, Reader, PhD, MA, BA
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Economic History
- Contemporary history, Media history, Tourism, International relations, Film, Uses of history, Cold War, Communism, digital history
My research interests include East-West tourism in Cold War Europe, European integration and mobility in the long 20th century, and the media history of guidebooks. In the project "Holidays behind the Iron Curtain", funded by the Swedish Research Council, I study western tourism to Communist Europe. My areas of expertise also include digital history, cinema, memory culture, and contemporary Czech and German history. I am the Reviews Editor of the Journal of Tourism History, co-editor of Tourism and Travel in the Cold War (Routledge 2019) and co-author of The History of the European Travel Commission 1948-2018 (ETC 2018).
The courses I have taught include:
- Central and Eastern Europe: Fully European or the European Other?
- 1989: Revolutions and Reforms in Central and Eastern Europe
- The History of European Tourism
- Media and Armed Conflict - Past and Present Perspectives
- Film and History
I have taught courses in English, Danish, and Swedish at Lund University, University of Copenhagen, and University of Gothenburg. Moreover, I have guest lectured at University of Amsterdam, University of Central Lancashire, and Charles University, Prague.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review (Book/Film/Exhibition/etc.)