Ulf EkelundProfessor, consultant
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Cardiac and Cardiovascular Systems
- Other Medical Sciences not elsewhere specified
During the coming years, I and my PhD students have the following main research directions.
- Improved diagnostics and risk stratification in suspected acute coronary syndrome.
The project is performed in collaboration with Cardiology, Clinical Physiology and Theoretical Physics at Lund University as well as the Unit for clinical trial support at Region Skåne
- Effects of medical checklists in emergency care
These studies are conducted in collaboration with the clinical skills center Practicum at Region Skåne.
- Clinical value of the ECG in ED patients
In this project, we aim to create a clinical database (EXPECT) to study the clinical value of ECG in different ED patients. EXPECT is a collaboration between researchers from Lund, Helsingborg, Odense and Esbjerg in Denmark.
- Throughput times in the emergency department, crowding and patient outcome.
This is a collaboration with researchers at Region Östergötland, Sweden
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article
Research output: Contribution to journal › Review article