Veronika Burcar AlmSenior Lecturer, Fil. Dr.Former name: Veronika Burcar
Research areas and keywords
UKÄ subject classification
- Social Sciences
- Sociology, Criminology, Social psychology
Main research and teaching areas
- Teaching: Criminology, sociology, social psychology
- Research: Young people's experiences of violence, fear of crime, security work and mediation between crime victim and perpetrator, sibling abuse and digital crowdsourcing.
Current research and teaching
I mainly teach at the Bachelor of Science Programme in Criminology.
Current research projects:
* Sibling violence and sibling fuss - a study of the meaning and consequenses of boundary drawing difficulties. (With Anna Rypi.)
* Citizens as Crime Investigators. Digital crowdsourcing in civil policing and intelligence work. (With David Wästerfors och Erik Hannerz)
Previous research projects:
* "Fuss and rivalry - or physical abuse and harrassments? A qualitative interview study of experiences of being exposed to sibling violence." Funded by the Swedish Crime Victim Compensation and Support Authority." (2018)
* "Violence, threats, victimization - young criminals’ images and experiences", a three-year research project funded by the Swedish Research Council
* "Who belongs to the city center? Young people's conditions in the competition for public space", a one-year research project funded by the Jane and Dan Olsson Foundation for scientific purposes.
Recent research outputs
Research output: Contribution to conference › Abstract