Better communication and learning in the classroom. A study on the effects of a teacher in-service training in pupils' every day sound environments.
Research areas and keywords
- Logopedics, intervention, classroom communication, teachers' in-service training, sound environment, voice
My PhD studies is a project concerning better communication and learning in the classroom. The purpose is to explore the effects of in-service training in: primary school teachers; their pupils; in classrooms with varying sound environments. This is an intervention study where teachers undergo in-service training. In short, the training aims to give teachers knowledge and practical training in: using healthy voice technique, modifying voice use to the sound environment, optimizing non-verbal communication and improving the language learning environment. The project started in September 2016 and is estimated to be completed by 2020.
|Effective start/end date||2016/09/01 → …|
- Suvi Karjalainen - Logopedics, Phoniatrics and Audiology (Research student)
- Viveka Lyberg Åhlander - Logopedics, Phoniatrics and Audiology (Supervisor)
- Birgitta Sahlén - Logopedics, Phoniatrics and Audiology (Assistant supervisor)
- Anna Houmann - Teachers (Malmö Academy of Music) (Assistant supervisor)
- Jonas Brännström - Logopedics, Phoniatrics and Audiology (Assistant supervisor)